So Many Wonders in the Forest! Walking Tour in Shirogane Primeval Forest.End of April –Middle of November
Forest walking tour in Daisetsuzan national park with a nature guide.
This tour is sure to be an eye opener!
Forget everything you thought you knew about the forest. When you explore it with a nature guide, you'll discover many wonderful surprises!
A fallen tree that resembles a green swiss roll cake, the roots of a tree that appear to be on tiptoes... there's a reason behind all of this, the beautiful craft that the forest has built up over such a long time.
Stroll through the mysterious trees and go hunting for the mysteries of the forest!
We will walk about 2 - 3 km through the forest, depending on the weather.
Please let us know if you would like to use the hot springs at Shirogane Onsen after the tour as we can provide you with a discount ticket.
- Minimum number of participants - 1 Adult or 1 Child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please inform us of the below information at the time of booking.
＊Names as per passport and dates of birth of all participants (for insurance purposes).
＊ A phone number that we can reach you at before and on the day of the tour.
- The Shirogane area is at a higher altitude than Biei's hills so it is a fair few degrees cooler, even in summer. In order to keep warm, please wear a long-sleeved shirt, pants and jacket.
- Drinking water
- Please wear trekking shoes or walking shoes that are comfortable and easy to walk in. (We can lend you boots and rain coat if you require them).
- Please bring towels if you would like to go to the hot springs (they are not provided there).
- We regret that we cannot be held responsible for accidents unless caused by intentional misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the guide.
- Please follow the guide's instructions at all times.
Covid-19 Infection Control Measures
In order to prevent the spread of Covid-19, we politely ask visitors coming to Biei from an area where a State of Emergency has been declared to refrain from making a reservation.
In addition, should a State of Emergency be declared in Hokkaido, we will suspend the operation of all of our tours. We deeply appreciate your understanding in this regard.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation.
・Please take care to confirm that you have not come down with a cold or a fever in the 2 weeks prior to the day of your tour.
・On the day of the tour, if your temperature measures above 37C, we will ask you to refrain from participating (if we have to cancel your tour due to a temperature or ill health, a cancellation fee will not apply). We will run each and every tour with a small number of participants in small groups, but we ask you to be mindful of the distance between yourself and other participants.
・In solidarity with customers, we are asking our guides to stay 2 metres (or, 3 large strides) apart from participants and other guides.
・Our guides will be equipped with hands-free microphones or similar, so that their voices will carry without being raised when offering guiding explanations. When offering explanations, the guides will do so without facing clients. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
・We will do everything we can to implement Covid-19 infection control measures while on tour, but infection control measures are not infallible. We ask that you participate with this in mind.
If cancellation comes from you, the customer, then cancellation fees will apply as follows:
50% of program fee (1 day prior)
100% of program fee (on the day)
100% of program fee (No show)