"Footpath" Walking in a Farming FieldEarly June - End of September
Would you like to take in an amazing view at the top of one of the patchwork hills?
This is one of our special guided experiences created in collaboration with Biei’s farmers.
The view from the fields that even locals have never seen is truly impressive!
You can see a variety of crops grown in the field up close. This tour will immerse you in the culture and natural beauty of our destination.
Enjoy a delicious soft serve ice cream from a farm after the tour ends!
Child (Under 11 years old.):5,000 yen
※Independent tour will be charged. Adult:7,500 yen
◆9:00（13:30） Meet at Shiki-no-Jouhoukan
(1-2 minutes on foot from the Biei Tourist Information Center / JR Biei Station)
◆9:20（13:50） Move to the starting point
◆9:30-11:00（14:00-15:30） Walk around the fields. Enjoy taking pictures.
◆11:00（15:30） Walk ends
◆11:10-11:40（15:40-16:10） Enjoy a soft serve ice cream at a Biei farm.
◆12:00（16:30） Back to Biei station.
＊The tour will not be held on the farm's scheduled closure days (Tuesdays, or the next day if Tuesday is a public holiday)
＊Please come to Shiki-no-Jouhoukan by car. The guide will lead you to the starting point.
If you do not have a driver’s license or if you don't plan on using a rental car, please let us know at the time of booking.
＊The tour may be cancelled due to bad weather (e.g. typhoon).
-Please inform us of the below information at the time of booking.
＊Names as per passport and dates of birth for all participants (for insurance purposes).
＊A phone number that we can reach you at before and on the day of the tour.
＊Your shoe size in centimeters for boot rental.
- Drinking water
- Farm Experience fee
- Soft serve ice cream
- We regret that if it rains very heavily the day before the tour, we may have to cancel.
- Please give us your contact information in advance (phone number is preferred). We will contact you in the event that we have to cancel the tour.
- We regret that we cannot accept reservations for participants who are there only to observe, translate, etc. Anyone wishing to take part must pay the booking fee.
- When you enter the fields, please wear the boots provided or cover your shoes with plastic bags to protect against harmful bacteria spreading to the crops. Thank you for your cooperation in this regard.
- There is very little shade in the fields. Please bring towels, sunhats and drinking water with you and take your own measures against heatstroke.
- No smoking on the farm's grounds.
- There are no convenience stores or vending machines in or near the fields.
- There are no toilets around the field. Please use the toilet at Shiki-no-Jouhoukan before the tour.
【Covid-19 Infection Control Measures】
In order to prevent the spread of Covid-19, we politely ask visitors coming to Biei from an area where a State of Emergency has been declared to refrain from making a reservation.
In addition, should a State of Emergency be declared in Hokkaido, we will suspend the operation of all of our tours. We deeply appreciate your understanding in this regard.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation.
・Please take care to confirm that you have not come down with a cold or a fever in the 2 weeks prior to the day of your tour.
・On the day of the tour, if your temperature measures above 37C, we will ask you to refrain from participating (if we have to cancel your tour due to a temperature or ill health, a cancellation fee will not apply). We will run each and every tour with a small number of participants in small groups, but we ask you to be mindful of the distance between yourself and other participants.
・In solidarity with customers, we are asking our guides to stay 2 metres (or, 3 large strides) apart from participants and other guides.
・Our guides will be equipped with hands-free microphones or similar, so that their voices will carry without being raised when offering guiding explanations. When offering explanations, the guides will do so without facing clients. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
・We will do everything we can to implement Covid-19 infection control measures while on tour, but infection control measures are not infallible. We ask that you participate with this in mind.
Cancellations made by you, the customer, will be subject to the following cancellation fees:
-1 day before: 50% of total fee
-On the day / No Show: 100% of the total fee