Experience Biei's Fresh Sweetcorn! Corn Harvesting in Biei.Early August - Mid September
Wouldn't you like to pick sweetcorn by hand and take a bite out of it raw?
Make some wonderful memories in Biei, with an experience you can only enjoy here.
Receive special permission from Biei's farmers and enter a corn field for a harvesting experience.
Taste fresh white sweetcorn you will pick by hand!
Compare the yellow sweetcorn with the white sweetcorn. You’ll be surprised at the difference in taste between them!
※Private tours can be arranged for an additional 10,000yen per couple
(1-2 minutes on foot from the Biei Tourist Information Center / JR Biei Station)
◆09:20-10:10 Corn Harvesting and tasting
◆10:30-10:50 Shopping at Biei Senka
◆11:00 Drop off at JR Biei Station / Tour Disbands
＊Please come to Shiki-no-Jouhoukan by car. The guide will lead you to the starting point.
If you do not have a driver’s license or if you don't plan on using a rental car, please let us know at the time of booking.
-Please inform us of the below information at the time of booking.
＊Names as per passport and dates of birth for all participants (for insurance purposes).
＊A phone number that we can reach you at before and on the day of the tour.
＊Your shoe size in centimeters for boot rental.
- Drinking water
- Farm Experience fee
- Corn as souvenir
- This tour may be cancelled due to rain. In addition, if it rains heavily the day before the tour, the ground may be unstable which may mean that even if the day of the tour itself is sunny, the tour may be cancelled. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
- We will contact you the day before or the morning of the tour in the event that the tour is cancelled, so at the time of booking please inform us of a working cell phone number or your accommodation's telephone number that we can reach you at.
- We regret that we cannot accept reservations for participants who are there only to observe, translate, etc. Anyone wishing to take part must pay the booking fee.
- When you enter the fields, please wear the boots provided and disinfect them to protect against harmful bacteria spreading to the crops. Thank you for your cooperation in this regard.
- There are no shaded places in the field. Please bring towels, sunhats and drinking water with you and take your own measures against heatstroke.
- No smoking on the farm's grounds.
- There are no convenience stores, vending machines or toilets in or near the fields. Please use the toilet at Shiki-no-Jouhoukan before the tour departs.
Cancellations made by you, the customer, will be subject to the following cancellation fees:
-1 day before: 50% of total fee
-On the day / No Show: 100% of the total fee