Colourful Potato-Digging ExperienceEarly August ~ Start of October
It's like digging for buried treasure!
Look forward to what colours might appear after you've dug them up!
"Potatoes are boring!" Well, that's where you're wrong!
Yellow, pink, purple... Did you know that potatoes were this colourful?
Dig up the very first new potatoes of the year and fill bags to the brim with them!
At the end, head to Biei Senka local farm shop and sample a delicious baked potato and popular strawberry juice.
Children (Age 11 and under)：4,500yen
◆9:00（14:00） Meet at Shiki-no-Jouhoukan Tourism Information Centre（Next to JR Biei Station）
◆9:15-10:00（14:15-15:00） Potato-digging experience on a farm
◆10:15-10:50（15:15-15:50） Baked Potato at Biei Senka and shopping
◆11:00（16:00） Arrival at JR Biei Station, tour disbands
※This tour is not operated on Biei Senka's scheduled closure days (Every Wednesday)
※Please come by rental car. The guide will lead the way in their car.
(For those without a license or who have trouble driving, please inform us in advance.)
※The tour may be cancelled in the event of rain. We ask for your understanding in advance.
※Depending on the condition / cultivation of the crops, the tour's operational period may be changed.
※For insurance purposes, we require the names as per passport and ages of all participants.
※Upon applying, please inform us of a contact phone number we can use to reach you the day before and on the day of the experience.
※As we will loan you long boots, please let us know the shoe sizes of everyone in your group.
・Plenty to drink
・Experience in a farming field
・Potatoes as a souvenir (1 plastic bag full of potatoes you harvested)
・Light meal at Biei Senka (Jacket Potato, strawberry juice)
- This tour may be cancelled due to rain. In addition, if it rains heavily the day before the tour, the ground may be unstable which may mean that even if the day of the tour itself is sunny, the tour may be cancelled. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
- We will contact you the day before or the morning of the tour in the event that the tour is cancelled, so at the time of booking please inform us of a working cell phone number or your accommodation's telephone number that we can reach you at.
- We regret that we cannot accept reservations for participants who are there only to observe, translate, etc. Anyone wishing to take part must pay the booking fee.
- When you enter the fields, please wear the boots provided and disinfect them to protect against harmful bacteria spreading to the crops. Thank you for your cooperation in this regard.
- There are no shaded places in the field. Please bring towels, sunhats and drinking water with you and take your own measures against heatstroke.
- No smoking on the farm's grounds.
- There are no convenience stores, vending machines or toilets in or near the fields. Please use the toilet at Shiki-no-Jouhoukan before the tour departs.
Covid-19 Infection Control Measures
In order to prevent the spread of Covid-19, we politely ask visitors coming to Biei from an area where a State of Emergency has been declared to refrain from making a reservation.
In addition, should a State of Emergency be declared in Hokkaido, we will suspend the operation of all of our tours. We deeply appreciate your understanding in this regard.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation.
・Please take care to confirm that you have not come down with a cold or a fever in the 2 weeks prior to the day of your tour.
・On the day of the tour, if your temperature measures above 37C, we will ask you to refrain from participating (if we have to cancel your tour due to a temperature or ill health, a cancellation fee will not apply). We will run each and every tour with a small number of participants in small groups, but we ask you to be mindful of the distance between yourself and other participants.
・In solidarity with customers, we are asking our guides to stay 2 metres (or, 3 large strides) apart from participants and other guides.
・Our guides will be equipped with hands-free microphones or similar, so that their voices will carry without being raised when offering guiding explanations. When offering explanations, the guides will do so without facing clients. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
・We will do everything we can to implement Covid-19 infection control measures while on tour, but infection control measures are not infallible. We ask that you participate with this in mind.
Cancellation / Changes：
We operate a cancellation fee for cancellations at the request of the client.
Please be aware of the below cancellation fees upon applying to join the program.
Day before: 50%
On the Day: 100%
After tour start time / no show: 100%